“By Failing to Prepare, you are preparing to fail”
This is a great quote and so true. When it comes to Nutrition, preparation is key.
Let’s look at an example of how being unprepared will cause you to make bad choices.
It’s a Friday evening and you arrive home from work hungry for food. There’s no food left and nothing prepared in advance. What do you do? If you are like a lot of people, it’s reach for the take away menu.
The best way to make sure you don’t get caught having to make bad food choices is to prepare in advance.
Here’s some tips:
- Look ahead: On the weekend, look ahead to which busy days during the week you will need pre-prepped meals.
- Make a menu: Jot down ideas for your pre-prepped meals. Keep it general. Nothing 5 star!
- Do a shop for the ingredients
- Cook for the week: Cook the timing consuming meal components in advance for the week chicken, veggies, potatoes etc
- Store it conveniently: Stack your prepped food in tubberware containers and accessible in the fridge
- Soak ingredients night before: If you are having things like grains, oats etc the next day, soak them in water over night so it takes less time to cook.
- Put it in the schedule: Have a time dedicated to food prep. Whether it’s Sunday or Monday, put it in your diary and it’s more likely to happen.
Hope that helped. Any questions or if you’d like help with your Nutrition e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org